The first part of "Avatar" by James Cameron was released back in 2009 and immediately won as many as 3 Academy Award. After the success of the first part, the creators immediately announced the future production of sequels, which they hoped to release back in 2016. But now, 4 years after the scheduled date, the creators announced the exact release date of the movie "Avatar 2", then moved it from 2020 to 2021, the trailer in Russian, unfortunately, is not yet available for viewing.
The rating of the expectation of the movie is 89%.
Producer: James Cameron
World Release Date: December 17, 2021
Release in Russia: December 17, 2021
Cast: Michelle Yeo, Vin Diesel, Kate Winslet, David Thewlis, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, Sam Worthington and others.
This is a continuation of the world famous science fiction film, which raised more than $ 2 billion at the box office and became the highest grossing film of all time.
Important information:The premiere of "Avatar 2" was postponed due to a remake of the hit of the 60s.
Fan-art from twitter #avatarfamily
In the previous installment, former paralytic marine Jake Sally replaced his late twin brother in a special program to explore the planet Pandora. For the purpose of research, scientists have created special hybrids of local humanoids and people called avatars. It just turned out that people did not have good intentions - they tried to destroy the home of the Na'vi people, but Jake came to the aid of the humanoid, who decided to stay in Na'vi's body forever. People were expelled from Pandora.
2 PART will tell about the formation of Jake Sally as the leader of the tribe and about his fight against the mercenary earthlings who returned to the planet with even greater power. There is also information that Neytiri and Jake will have children, and are already quite old, having managed to grow up in 8 years ...
Director and shooting
Back in 1994, Jace Cameron took the first steps in producing the film, drawing inspiration from "every science fiction book" he read as a child, as well as from the adventure novels of Edgar Rice Burroughs. And now, a few years after the overwhelming success of the first part of the movie, James Cameron, who made cult films: Terminator (1984), Aliens (1986), Titanic (1997), three-time Oscar winner, finally He began to create a project, the release date of which was constantly postponed. The transfer is due to the fact that Cameron painstakingly wrote the script for 3 parts of the sequel for more than 4 years. The director said that delays benefited because the design team had more time to work. Most of the actors, the chief directors, they all read four scripts, so they know exactly what the fate of their characters is: they know where they are going, they know how to play now in the first two films.
In preparation for the project, Cameron made several trips with the actors to the rainforests, and also plunged himself to the bottom of the Mariana Trench to inspire him to create his documentary, as well as create the Pandora’s sea world. Cameron also mentioned a new animation technique that he employed in production.
For filming the sequels, the movie set MBS Media Campus in Southern California was rented for a full 5 years. The director himself wanted to install solar panels there, due to the energies of which he would have made a film.
Comparing the themes of the sequels with the originals, Cameron said that “this will be a natural continuation of all themes, characters and spiritual victories. In fact, if you liked the first film, you will love these films, and if you hated it, you probably will hate it and continued. " He later compared the sequels to the Godfather franchise, calling them the "generation saga."
On November 23, 2017, the director said that the film crew had tested with actors in filming underwater for the past month, and that the group managed to shoot the first of the scenes with six of its seven main child actors on November 14. Blending underwater and image capture is a feature that has never been before; it took the team a year and a half to develop a new motion capture system.
Cameron noted that there is a possibility that the film can be shown in the format “without glasses”, although this is not entirely accurate. If this happens, it will be the first time in the history of cinema.
Prime Dates other sequels are distributed in 2021, 2024 and 2025.
In addition to James Cameron himself from the crew, it is worth noting:
- Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds 2005, Lock and Key 2011) and Shane Salerno (Armageddon 1998, Especially Dangerous 2012), who worked on the script;
- The producers of the project were John Landau, who had already worked with Cameron on the Titanic, as well as Peter M. Tombiesen (Polar Express, The Jungle Book);
- The new cameraman was Russell Carpenter, who worked with Cameron on Titanic and True Lies.
So many viewers who asked the question: “When will the movie“ Avatar 2 ”be watched on TV in 2019?”, We reply that you can enjoy it only in 2020.
Images from the 2020 film Avatar 2 showed that the actors and roles have not changed, and some have even been added. You can talk about the entire cast for a long time, because it is "filled" with world stars:
- The main character, who became one of Na'vi, was played by Sam Worthington ("For reasons of conscience", "Everest", "On the verge");
- Zoe Soldana acted as his lover (Star Trek, Guardians of the Galaxy, Words);
- Sigourney Weaver will also return to his role as Dr. Grace (Aliens, Ghostbusters);
- Kate Winslet will appear in the film, who will play Ronal (Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Reader);
- Edi Falco will play the image of General Ardmore, Commander in charge of the interests of the RDA (“Soprano Clan”, “The Reverse Side of the Truth”);
- Una Chaplin will play the role of Varang ("Long Road", "In the Air", "Game of Thrones);
- Michelle Yeo (“The Hell,” “Memoirs of a Geisha”) as Dr. Karina Mogue;
- Vin Diesel (“xXx 4”, “Loner”, “Fast and the Furious 9”, “Bloodshot”);
- And also Steven Leng, Joel Moore, Cliff Curtis and others.
Facts that you surely like:
- James Horner ("Mind Games", "Titanic", "Balto") was supposed to be the composer of the film, but he died tragically in 2015;
- James Cameron openly confirmed that he is seriously looking at filming a film with a higher frame rate, which, he said, "takes the glass out of the window into reality." The possible frame rate is 48 frames per second, or even 60 frames per second. This will mean that either a lower quality version is required for release in most theaters around the world, or this film will be a debut in attempts to get the HFR format in movie theaters around the world;
- There is an 11 year gap between the first and second films. This is one of the longest development periods that was announced almost immediately after the success of the first film;
- On May 27, 2017, Disney Studios Animal Kingdom Park in Orlando, Florida, opened Pandora as one of its theme areas. It is inspired by the James Cameron movie, and includes the floating mountains of Pandora, alien wildlife and bioluminescent plants.
Viewers have to wait for the official trailer for the 2021 Russian film "Avatar 2" with the exact release date in December 2021. We hope it will be even more successful than the first part, because James Cameron and the rest of the film crew worked on the sequels for so many years to work out in detail all scenes and leave no questions to the audience.